For its tenth release, Untitled & After issues a compilation of music that seeks solace in the outer reaches of electronic music. Akin to Kompakt’s Pop Ambient series, Untitled 10 (The Black Album) pulls away from the structures of techno into more expansive terrain.
Collected from artists as diverse as Bizz Circuits and Morgan Packard, from locations as distant as Sapporo, Los Angeles and Berlin, Untitled 10 (The Black Album) is a meditation on the tension between force and fragility. An extension of the beat driven roots of Untitled & After, this compilation revels in the paranoid spaciousness of dub, the personal documents of field recordings and the otherworldliness of soft synthesis. Here, ambient is not a genre, but a timeless, spaceless moment. Untitled 10 (The Black Album) attempts the impossible by documenting something so fleeting.
- Morgan Packard – Apple Pie
- Robert Crouch – 5th of July
- Andrew Duke + i8u – Hovercraft
- Andrew Duke + i8u – Hovercraft (Chaircrusher Remix)
- Birdcage – When Dream and Day Unite
- Bizz Circuits – mouvement aé rien
- Sublamp – Andamurmur
- Jondi & Spesh with Brian Stillwater – Big Air (Ambient Mix)
- Robert Crouch / Yann Novak – Santa Fe
- Leyland Kirby – Ready To Go Down Together